Content is free. When you buy through links on my site, I may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Emails are one of the significant ways of making things work along with your marketing campaigns, but how can you make your email and other marketing forms efficient and effective? Well, I have got something for you, a SendGrid vs. Mailchimp review, so that you have to wander around different places to get to know which tool is best for you?
But before diving deeper into these tools, let's have a bit of a discussion on these marketing tools and everything that can help you make your marketing campaigns and operations better with time and proper input. So let's take a look at what Sendgrid and Mailchimp are? I'll also mention different parameters like key features, pricing plans, and other features related to the interface, templates, etc. So let's take a look at what Sendgrid and Mailchimp are?
So let's get started!!
Marketing can be termed as one of the key aspects in making your brand get along with different aspects of brand building and overall growth. I guess it's not needed to brag about how important marketing is? But it's worth mentioning that marketing sometimes requires different parameters and aspects to make things work for your brand. Let's take a look at what these different platforms have to offer; the straightforward answer to this is almost everything in terms of websites, email marketing, landing pages, digital ads, social media and much more.
Let's take a look at what this platform has to offer.
Why Use Sendgrid and Mailchimp Tools?
Detailed Sendgrid vs. Mailchimp Review
What is Mailchimp?
I have been a part of Mailchimp for quite some time now, and this has been going on for a few years now. Well, Mailchimp has evolved to a great extent in the last couple of years since their starting in 2001, which is more than 20 years of experience in the market. It has evolved into a marketing platform that delivers various aspects of marketing like websites, domains, landing pages, digital ads, social media and much more; I'll be mentioning them in the later sections.
Now let's take a look at what Sendgrid has to offer!
What is Sendgrid?
Well, Sendgrid can be considered as a marketing platform or service provider that lets you explore different parameters of email marketing and other similar aspects. Sendgrid has been functional since 2009 and is constantly evolving in terms of email marketing and similar aspects. It's worth mentioning that Sendgrid has made quite an improvement in terms of evolving into a better platform; they started in 2009 by serving around 82,000 customers, which has now grown into an extensive database of serving around 2 trillion emails, quite a growth, right?
Both of the companies have evolved into something great in the past few years around different aspects like customer base, email delivery and much more; but the question arises which one is better as per your business needs, so in order to make things clear for you, let's compare these two different platforms based on a few essential but crucial aspects.
So let's have a look at what are these and how can we compare them that can help you in getting the right fit for you.
Easy to Use Interface
Email marketing can be an excellent way of gaining more audience and getting a closer connection with the audience. Sendgrid and Mailchimp can be considered a top players in email marketing; using different tools and features to deliver email with a single click can help you in getting rid of almost half of the hassle, and having all this using a simple interface can be termed as one of the main reason in making a platform grow.
Well, both of the companies have an easy-to-use interface, but if talking about my personal favorite, Mailchimp is the winner. In addition to that, I can't deny the fact that Sendgrid has an easy-to-use interface as well, but it's just that Mailchimp's interface turns out to be more attractive in terms of appearance.
Overall, this easy-to-use, the attractive interface can be a significant factor in making this a better choice for beginners and small business owners as you have everything ready for you.
This can be termed as a great feature that can help you in different aspects of email marketing; listing management enables you to explore and filter your email sending and everything related to the contact database. Well, in simple words, listing management is a feature that enables you to manage and import subscription lists, which can be considered one of the major factors in email marketing.
And the winner title in listing management goes to Sendgrid; the listing management in Sendgrid enables you to get along with creating suppression lists, and the suppression list enables you to make a counter move on blocking and unsubscription from the user's end.
Template Creation and email broadcasts
Having an attractive email can be considered as one of the main features that make an email marketing practice even better, as attractive templates refer to gaining more audience and better conversion in your business operations.
Both of the platforms offer a great template creation platform for email marketing and everything else related to that. But while comparing these two different platforms in terms of template creation, from my POV, Sendgrid is a better platform for making attractive emails and getting along with more audience conversion and everything.
Sendgrid lets you explore two different modes in terms of email creation, which are Design Editor and Code Editor; the design editor can be called a great tool in terms of Drag and Drop, which makes things quite easy for people to use; whereas the Code Editor lets you edit code and lets you preview how email would look like in the preview tab, just remember that the Code Editor does not offer any Drag and Drop similar to Design Editor.
Now, considering Mailchimp, the platform which has been an attractive and easy to use platform for many, you can get along with its template gallery or even start making an email from scratch using the Start from the scratch tab in Email design. Similar to Sendgrid, Mailchimp offers similar features like drag & drop and HTML editor as well, making Mailchimp and Sendgrid almost equal in terms of template creation.
In addition to this, just remember that the tools and features are somewhat similar in both of them; the only difference that one might encounter is its appearance; you can get along with the better appearance and easy-to-use interface while getting along with Mailchimp, so basically Mailchimp can be considered as a better choice.
Integrations can be considered as one of the major factors in making you explore multiple platforms and make things different. Sendgrid has limited integrations compared to Mailchimp, which can be a downside for a user.
Sendgrid offers limited integration with platforms like WordPress, Github, Drupal, Agile CRM, Autopilot, Airtable and Marcento. Well, Sendgrid has found a way to make it easier for users to get along with more platforms using API. The API can be an excellent tool for users as these API keys can help you get along with any software.
Just in case you are not a tech person, you can use Zapier for all of this. In addition to this, you can also get along with different platforms like Shopify, Facebook Ads, and BigCommerce using Zapier, which can be a great tool for making things work for you in a positive aspect.
Well, where integrations offered by Sendgrid are limited, Mailchimp offers much more in terms of integration. Mailchimp offers over 300+ integrations which are pretty impressive, as compared to Sendgrid; in addition to all this, you can use the API key so that you integrate Mailchimp with your software as well, which seems like a great deal to me in terms of assortment. So the title for the winner goes to (drum rolls, please….) Mailchimp.
Overall, these were some of the key features that are usually considered when choosing an email marketing platform; these platforms also offer some other services like landing pages, social media and much more; but I guess these additional features are not going to help a lot in making things clear. But to make things a bit easier, let me give you an overview so that you can have a better in-depth analysis of what features can help you in marketing campaigns in addition to email marketing.
What are the key features offered by Sendgrid & Mailchimp?
Additional Features SendGrid vs. Mailchimp
● Landing Pages: As I have already mentioned above, Mailchimp offers more than just email marketing; well, both of these platforms offer forms and landing pages, which can help you and your marketing campaigns in different aspects. In addition to that, you can also explore other options like form builder, embedded forms, form integrations and subscriber pop-ups. Without making things confusing for you, Mailchimp can be called a better option as it offers you to build these landing pages using HTML, CSS, and Java as well; as a result, you can opt-in for templates or even start a landing page from scratch.
● Automation Builder: You'll find lots of automation templates to choose from when you sign up for SendGrid. There are even pre-built welcome email series if you don't know where to begin or want to save time.
Whereas Mailchimp offers an automation builder that can be a great feature in order to get your audience engaged meanwhile enabling you to get along with email subscribers' activity and increasing your ROI at the same time with better conversions. Overall, Mailchimp offers more in terms of Automation builder, as you are offered more customization and an easy-to-use interface, which can be a great upside for individuals or businesses dealing with AB.
You can also take a look around other aspects like:
● Ecommerce CRM: Sendgrid is made with a focus on transactional emails and does not offer a number of ecom integrations that can help you in your ecom journey, whereas Mailchimp offers a number of integrations with companies like WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Magneto, and Shopsync.
● Detailed reporting and statistics: Well, both of these platforms deliver different features like email delivery, opens, unsubscribes, drops, bounce, blocks, etc. Whereas it is worth mentioning that Sendgrid does not integrate with Google Analytics, whereas Mailchimp's integration with Google Analytics can be a Kickstarter in your marketing campaigns.
● Deliverability: Well, both of them deliver great features in terms of deliverability and can be considered a tie between both of them.
● Support: Both of these tools deliver significant value in terms of customer support.
How much does Sendgrid & Mailchimp cost?
Pricing Plans – SendGrid vs. Mailchimp
Sendgrid Pricing Plans
Sendgrid offers 4 different plans, including the free plan; these pricing plans are:
● Free Plan: The free plan provides access to API for SMTP relay and Webhooks for sending emails based on triggers. In addition to this, you can also use its Dynamic Template Editor, which allows you to create an HTML template for your email campaigns with custom fields.
● Essentials: This plan costs around $14.95/month and has almost all the features mentioned above; the additional features that you can have while opting for the essential feature is that you get guaranteed quick support on your chats and tickets, with a limit of 40,000 emails per month and can be customized depending upon your needs.
● Pro: The plan costs around $89.95/month and offers around 200,000 emails per month. In addition to that, you can get access to different features like dedicated IP, Single Sign-on, Subuser management, and 2500 email validations.
● Premier: Well, the prices for the premier plan are not available as you have to talk to an expert in order to get details about the price and any other features if needed from your end.
Mailchimp Pricing Plans
Similar to Sendgrid, Mailchimp also offers 4 different plans, including the free plan; some of the points are mentioned below:
● Free Plan: The free plan offers you around 7 marketing channels with basic templates, marketing CRM, Surveys, Websites, Custom Domains, 1-click automation and much more.
● Essentials Plan: The essential plan adds some additional features to everything mentioned in the free plan; the essential plans let you get around some extra features like email templates, A/B testing and custom branding. All these features are priced around $9.99 per month, which seems to be a pretty amount for the features offered by Mailchimp.
● Standard Plan: This plan costs around $14.99/month, which gives you some additional features of behavioral retargeting and retargeting ads. The standard plans can be termed as an excellent choice for medium-sized media agencies or businesses which target a lot of factors in terms of email marketing campaigns.
● Premium Plan: This plan costs around $299/month and offers some additional features such as multivariate testing, unlimited seats, advanced segmentation and phone support; well these tools and features can be an excellent option for media agencies, enterprises or businesses that can be counted under the category of large scale/sized businesses.
Some important frequently asked questions on Sendgrid & Mailchimp.
🌟 Top FAQs on Sendgrid & Mailchimp
✅How SendGrid is different from Mailchimp?
The main differentiation between SendGrid and Mailchimp is that SendGrid excels in more technical applications. While Mailchimp is the most popular email marketing service, SendGrid is the best email solution for developers with difficult requirements who also want great code and flexibility.
✅Is MailChimp an SMTP?
Mailchimp Transactional allows email sending via SMTP. As a result, it is simple to integrate into an existing SMTP library or framework.
✅Does HubSpot use SendGrid?
Yes. SendGrid is the email service provider that HubSpot uses. HubSpot's SendGrid integration enables us to send emails, track emails, and troubleshoot our emails as necessary. SendGrid is used by many businesses to send promotional and transactional emails to their customers. There are numerous occasions when specific conversations occur between a lead and the Sales team.
✅How reliable is SendGrid?
SendGrid is a good choice if email deliverability is at the top of your list of email marketing software features. It performs this function better than almost all of its competitors. It also includes a superb email editor and detailed analytics to help you track and optimize your campaigns.
✅How many emails can SendGrid send per hour?
Peering Enhances Performance at 415 Million Emails per Hour by SendGrid.
✅What SMTP does SendGrid use?
SendGrid accepts unencrypted and TLS connections on ports 25, 587, and 2525. You can also connect using SSL on port 465.
✅How many emails can you send using MailChimp for free?
Our Free Marketing plan is excellent for beginners who want to build an audience and create campaigns while testing Mailchimp's tools and features. It includes all of the basics required to begin marketing. The Free plan allows you up to 2,000 contacts and 10,000 monthly sends, with a daily send limit of 2,000.
✅Can I send emails to non-MailChimp subscribers?
You can send an email to your offline subscribers with a link to your Mailchimp signup form if you import them to your audience. The email should remind the reader of how they signed up and provide them with the option to opt-in electronically.
Which tool to choose: Sendgrid or Mailchimp?
Conclusion: Sendgrid Vs. Mailchimp
Well, choosing an email marketing tool is totally dependent upon the features and tools and what you are seeking in order to fulfill your business needs; as already mentioned above, I have tried in order to make things clear for you depending on different aspects depending upon integrations, interface, pricing plans and much more. Well, if you are looking for something that is more email marketing oriented and focuses on marketing emails and other email marketing services, maybe opting for SendGrid can be a better option for you, and just in case you are new to this journey of email marketing and want more than that, like websites, landing pages, social media and digital ads, maybe Mailchimp is going to be a better option for you; well it is worth mentioning that these features and different plans may cost more than the prices mentioned above.
So, start your customer journey with email newsletters while delivering thousands of emails per month with a single click with these two excellent platforms.
Hopefully, this article will have cleared most of the questions you might be dealing with in order to get the best things delivered for your business and marketing campaigns.