Content is free. When you buy through links on my site, I may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Demand side platforms are among some of the crucial assets when it comes to digital marketing, whether it is selling or buying ad inventories. But choosing the right one for your digital marketing operations is a difficult task in itself. Well, let me lighten up this burden by suggesting some of the best DSP platforms that I find are suitable fits for multiple operations overall.
Basically, DSP platforms work under so many levels, whether it is broader ad coverage, improved ad monetization, or traffic buying from SSP (Supply-side platforms). Overall, DSP platforms are quite important for advertising networks that work under the CPM model.
In addition to that, we’ll also be exploring the list of Best DSP Platforms along with all the important parameters that make these DSP platforms different from one another. Now, let's take a deeper dive into this aspect and understand what makes these DSP platforms best for publishers and advertisers.
What is DSP (Demand Side Platforms)?
An advertising technology program known as a Demand-Side Platform (DSP) is employed by advertisers and agencies to purchase ad space from publishers, ad networks, and ad exchanges. This process is the opposite of a Supply-Side Platform (SSP), which is used by publishers. Through a single interface, DSPs allow advertisers to purchase search, display, mobile, video, and native ads from multiple sources, as opposed to independently buying ads on platforms such as Google, Facebook, or Bing.
Now that you might have got an overview of what DSP is let's check out some of the operations that are served by DSP:
- Engage with ad exchanges or Supply Side Platforms (SSPs) to buy ad views on publisher websites or apps.
- Maximize campaign budget efficiency to achieve the highest return on investment.
- Merge with outside applications to increase targeting potential, reduce fraudulent ads, and handle payment processes.
- Analyse advertising data and create reports.
- Design an interface that is easy to use and provides a repository to assist advertisers in managing their campaigns and ad creatives.
What is the Difference Between Ad Networks and DSP?
It may appear that ad networks and DSPs offer the same services. However, they function differently. The main contrast between them is the features they provide. DSPs permit advertisers to control the purchasing, optimization, and evaluation of the ads from a single interface, while ad networks provide a limited selection of features mainly focused on targeting and buying media.
Additionally, DSPs are able to participate in real-time bidding (RTB) auctions, which ad networks are beginning to adopt. Furthermore, ad networks are limited in their targeting capabilities, whereas DSPs offer advertisers the flexibility to target their desired audience.
Now that you might have understood what the difference is between Ad networks and DSP, it's time to get along with the key features of DSP platforms.
Key Features of DSP Platforms
If you are looking forward to getting along with the DSP Platforms, you might wanna look forward to some of the key features of DSP platforms:
1. Real-Time Analytics
Advertisers and brands can utilize real-time analytics to view how their campaign is progressing in the present. The data is displayed in a user-friendly visual format so it can be easily discerned.
Even though instantaneous data can tempt one to take immediate action, it is still important to analyze outliers or any problematic aspects before making any decisions. However, if any corrections need to be made, they can be done as quickly as possible.
2. Audience Targeting
Audience targeting can be considered one of the main key features offered by DSPs. Since DSPs offer things like audience targeting, you can work under different demographics and choose parameters that are best suitable for audience targeting. The parameters are mentioned below:
- Geo-targeting: DSP platforms offer this option for targeting audiences based on different parameters such as country, city, state, zip code, etc.
- Demographic Targeting: The demographic targeting option basically works on data such as age, gender, education, etc.
- Retargeting: Retargeting can result in better outputs if done properly; this is basically the result of combining all the different parameters and working accordingly. This can be done on the basis of pixel tracking, etc., and all this is done by DSP platforms on their level.
- Other targeting options: DSP platforms also work other targeting parameters as well which include behavioral targeting, demographic targeting, device targeting, etc.
As a digital marketer, running campaigns basically works on the basis of a bidding mechanism, and since we are looking forward to DSP platforms, most of the DSP platforms work under the CPM module, whereas on the other hand, DSPs also offer other models as well which include CPC (Cost per click), CPL (Cost per lead), and CPI (Cost per install) as well.
For better outputs, marketers can work across the parameters and work accordingly to get better-optimized results.
4. Premium Inventory System & Integration
The primary purpose of this marketing and using DSPs is to work on traffic, reach, and engagement. Most of the DSPs also offer several options in terms of integration and expanding the reach to work accordingly, i.e., most DSPs are connected with SSPs (Supply Side Platforms), ad exchanges, and ad networks which, as a result, can help in expanding reach to mobile users, or other traffic mediums.
Now that we have covered almost all the key features that are offered by DSP platforms let's take a deeper dive into the list of top DSP Platforms and have an overview of what these platforms have to offer.
7 Best DSP Platforms in 2023
Choosing the best DSP platforms that can serve different things for your digital marketing operations, these operations include broader coverage over the target audience, real-time bidding, campaign optimization, and a whole wide range of other features. Let's take a look around these top DSP platforms and learn which one is best suitable for you.
1. Adsterra DSP Platform Review
Adsterra has climbed to the first place in our list of top DSP platforms, and one of the main reasons is due to its no minimum traffic requirement, which makes Adsterra an excellent choice for beginner-level digital marketers or webmasters.
Overall, Adsterra is an excellent advertising platform with no restrictions on the amount of traffic needed. It supports displaying ads in all of the most popular formats for both mobile and desktop, and it also offers three layers of anti-fraud and anti-malware security to ensure the safety of its users and their website visitors.
Who can choose Adsterra?
Adsterra can be a good-to-go choice for:
1. Bloggers that are looking forward to getting along with traffic revenues, most importantly beginner to intermediate level bloggers.
2. Marketers that work under verticals such as VPNs, Utilities, Subscriptions, Sweepstakes, Gambling, Cams, Adult traffic sites, etc.)
3. Publishers that seek maximum eCPM.
4. Anyone who seeks to make their way around ad monetization using different ad formats, whether blogs, social networks, apps, or game installation.
|Ad Formats available||Sizes available||Sizes available||Sizes available|
|Leaderboard display banners||8×60||728×90||320×50|
|Skyscraper vertical display banners||160×300||160×600|
|Rectangle display ads||300×250||800×440||468×60|
5. Advertisers who seek to grow more in terms of ROI.
6. Multiple cost models are available, including:
- CPM (Cost Per Mille)
- CPA (Cost Per Action)
- CPC (Cost Per Click)
- CPL (Cost Per Lead)
- CPI (Cost Per Install)
- CPV (Cost Per View)
- RTB (Real-Time Bidding)
2. Exoclick Review
ExoClick is an ad exchange and global ad network that facilitates Popunders, Banners, Push Notifications, Native, Video, and Email Clicks. It also has a DSP platform which allows for smooth integration with SSPs and direct publishers either through open RTB or ExoclickRTB (XML). This enables clients to manage their own transactions and benefit from the extensive demand from ExoClick's advertisers.
ExoClick's own software provides more than 20 ad formats, accurate targeting, and recurring retargeting, access to big data info and strategic evaluation resources to enhance ROI; data updates every 60 seconds, day partings, and round-the-clock customer support. The platform's API permits developers to create custom-made software plugins for automated operations on our platform.
Who can use Exoclick?
- Bloggers who are eager to capitalize on web traffic and, particularly, those at the beginner to intermediate stage, are looking forward to increasing their earnings.
- Users that seek to deliver and work in entertainment, lifestyle, streaming, and file-sharing operations.
- Marketers that work under the adult traffic category.
Ad formats offered by Exoclick
Unlike most DSP platforms available in the system, Exoclick offers various ad formats to explore around, these include:
|FullPage interstitial||Multi ad formats||Desktop full page interstitial||Push Notifications||Email Clicks|
|Outstream Video||InStream Video Ads||Video banners||Popunders||Native interstitials|
|Sticky banner||Large footer||Mobile Instant message||Video Sliders||And more..|
Having more ad formats can really help in making things better in terms of results, and reaching out to more audiences through different models.
3. Zeropark Review
Zeropark provides a variety of methods to capitalize on traffic, with its primary source categories being Pop, Domain, and Push. Its Programmatic RTB interface is compatible with a variety of feed forms, such as XML and JSON. What sets Zeropark apart is its ability to match a wide range of parameters, enabling publishers to add their own custom ones. If we look forward to what are, some of the verticals that are pretty good to go for Zeropark are Nutra, iGaming, and Utilities vertical.
If you are looking forward to Zeropark, they offer their services over 2 different models including the Brand/Agencies and Affiliate Marketers.
For Brands & Agencies
Zeropark offer some excellent services for Brands and Agencies that can help in making things better for driving efficient sales for your business operations. It basically covers up different parameters such as:
- Capturing customers at Key touchpoints: Lead capturing can be considered as one of the most crucial things to look forward to, capturing important key touchpoints can help in better optimization and making right changes when needed.
- Easy to use User Interface: Whether you are a beginner or an advanced marketer, having an easy-to-use interface can be helpful for making quick decisions and working accordingly.
- No cookies involved: Since Zeropark has no cookies involved, this can result in better management and keeping an unhindered track of all the important operations.
- 360° Media Services: The 360° Media services include a dedicated management system for data reporting, budget optimization, media planning, and traffic compliance monitoring.
- Proprietary Technologies: Zeropark gives access to an all-in-one management platform that can help in self-serving capabilities, robust reporting, and full data transparency that can help in better management of all the services.
- Ad-tech expertise team: Zeropark has got expertise and a team with over 20+ years of experience.
- Real-time reports: Undoubtedly, having real-time reports around all the important parameters can help make decisions on the go while optimizing the budgets and other important parameters.
For Affiliate Marketers
As a DSP platform, Zeropark also offers some excellent services for affiliates as well, some of the key factors that are worth considering over here include competitive rates, a motivated user base, and optimized performance overall. If we look forward to all the other parameters, Zeropark has a monthly available volume of 96 million+, along with a competitive Average CPC of $0.15, and that too with a Global audience base.
In addition to all this, Zeropark has some excellent targeting options when it comes to pop campaigns:
- RON (Run of Network campaigns)
Ad types offered by Zeropark include In-page push, pops, domain redirect, and In-app.
Cost Models offered: CPV, eCPA, CPC.
Verticals: Nutra, iGaming, Utilities, and some adults as well.
4. Brightroll from Yahoo!
BrightRoll, Yahoo's own Demand Side Platform (DSP), combines proprietary data from the search engine with highly-developed targeting abilities to produce compelling digital ad campaigns for their clients. Their services include video, display, and native advertising, and through their Audience Builder and data access, advertisers can create precise audiences across all platforms and devices.
Using up to 165 billion data points per day, BrightRoll is able to provide its customers with effective solutions, and its third-party integrations allow them to measure the results of campaigns to confirm that the creatives are being seen by real viewers.
5. Amazon Advertising Platform
Amazon's Amazon Advertising Platform (AAP) is frequently referred to as a ‘dark horse' in the world of Ad Tech. Amazon has kept the details about this DSP close to the chest, but it is widely known that with it, advertisers can access Amazon shoppers on all of their websites, the web, and mobile apps. Recently, AAP has come under scrutiny for its lack of transparency for its users.
Rob Griffin (Global Director of Product Development at Havas Media) criticized the platform, noting that AAP users “cannot determine who their new customers are, how their products are performing, or what the conversion rate is.”
Some of the key features that can help make your way around ad solutions include:
- No upfront fees is required to kick start your advertising and related operations.
- Users can also start promoting the products or launching the ad campaigns with just $10 a day, which can also help in increasing your sales overall.
- If you are into products and want to build better opportunities for your product or business, you can work forward with improving product visibility, boosting brand awareness, sponsored display ads, and store promotion as well.
However, this tool gives access to the real-time online shopping habits of millions of people; this data can be used to create effective campaigns that are tailored to the correct audience.
Remerge is a globally-recognized, independent demand-side platform that assists performance marketers in amplifying revenue and user engagement with programmatic in-app ads. The company, which is headquartered in Berlin, has extended its branches to multiple locations worldwide, such as New York, Tokyo, Seoul, and Singapore.
This multinational team of experts has partnered with some of the most popular apps in various industries, including gaming, food delivery, and shopping.
Best Verticals under which Remerge work:
- Gaming: Have connections with some of the biggest gaming apps and game giants such as Nexon, PUBG, IGS, and Big Fish.
- Delivery: With popular brands like foodpanda, takeaway, Talabat, postmates, and delivery hero.
- E-commerce: With brands like AmorePacific, Jollychic, Nano Universe, AliExpress, and Joom.
Remerge stands out for its advanced product, along with its tailored approach, explicit reporting, and industry knowledge. This has enabled the company to become a reliable partner, capable of creating top-performing campaigns to drive successful and efficient app expansion. According to AppsFlyer's Performance Index, Remerge is one of the top remarketing solutions in the world, after Google and Meta.
7. Smarty Ads
Smarty Ads is a DSP platform that offers its ads format under different things like Dynamic and Interactive ad formats. These include different ads like Banner, Video, Native, Rich Media, Push Ads, and PopUp/Pop Under. In addition to all this, you can also look forward to varied targeting for Geolocation, GPS, Language, Time of the day, Timezone, IAB categories, Carrier, and more.
Smarty Ads also has some trusted Supply partners such as Smaato, Google, BidMachine, Xiaomi, Opera, reface, Rakuten, Mezzomedia, Eskimi, loop Me, and many more.
The bid floor rate on Smarty Ads is at:
- Banner: $0.5
- Native: $0.7
- Video in-app: $3.0
- CTV: $10
Top FAQs on Best DSP Platforms 2023
What is a DSP platform?
A demand-side platform (DSP) is a system of software that enables an advertiser to purchase advertisements through automation. DSPs are an efficient marketing automation tool since they enable mobile advertisers to obtain premium traffic at scale with minimum effort.
Are Google and Facebook DSP platforms?
Yes, Google and Facebook are both DSP platforms.
Is Google ad Manager a DSP?
Google Ad Manager works as a DSP (demand-side platform), providing a single hub for digital advertising buyers to manage multiple ad exchanges. Additionally, it offers various other functionalities.
Conclusion: How to choose the best DSP platform for yourself?
You can look forward to the different parameters that were mentioned in the key features above; you can select them based on marketing campaigns, bidding, management, audience targeting, etc.
In addition to all this, you can also look forward to the user experience and integrations offered; this can also include mobile traffic, etc. This way, you can choose the best DSP platform suitable for your business and digital marketing operations.